Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Upload photos into Blogger

new post > toolbar > insert image > Add images > Upload


Picture are great, and you can add them right into your blog from Blogger's edit window.

"Upload" lets you import an image from your computer or other device.

The top half of the Add Images tool with Upload selected
Click to see at full size.

"Upload" is one of six image-inserting options available from "add images." That's the window you get (shown, in part) when you click the Insert Image tool in Blogger's editing window.

It's a two-step process.

Update: The user interface has changed, so my screen shots and step-by-steps are no longer 100% valid.

Clicking "Choose files" launches the file-management utility for your device (Finder, Explorer, etc.). Navigate to the image file or files you want, select it (or them), and click "open."

Doing so will add the files to the Album Archive and also, temporarily, to Add Images > Upload.

You can add them to the blog from Upload after that. Select one or all and click "add selected."

The files will persist in Upload for as long as you are working on the blog post. After that, you can add them "from your blog" or the Album Archive.

Any file you upload in this way appears in your blog but lives on Google's servers in the Album Archive. Deleting a file from the archive would leave an ugly hole in your blog.

7 comments:

  1. What I've been doing is uploading my photos directly onto Blogger off my computer (I've got a lot since I've been using my blog to replace Flickr), which sounds like the way that was supposed to get me unlimited photos. However, it's been blocking me from posting more and saying my Google Drive is full. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have exceeded your free storage from Google. You can either pay for more storage, or delete some files from Drive or Photos or Gmail.

      I'd go to Google Help for specific information about this.

      Delete
  2. some days after publishing my blog, i found that not all but some images are missing from blog. it shows the caption i mentoined for the image but no image (a circle and a minus sign). Can you please help. to resolve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear there are many reports of this at the Blogger Help Community, the place I recommend if you are having a problem. I hope that means that Google is aware of the problem and is fixing it.

      If you want to ask for help there, be sure to post links to your blog posts that show the problem clearly.

      Delete
  3. You did a blog about Blogger? Love it.

    ReplyDelete